Cyngor Bro Llangeler ~ Llangeler Community Council
Sir Gaerfyrddin ~ Carmarthenshire
Notice of appointment of the date for the exercise of electors’ rights.
Cyngor Bro Llangeler Community Council
Financial year ending 31 March 2019.
1. Date of announcement: 15th June 2019
2. Each year the annual accounts are audited by the Auditor General for Wales. Prior to this date, any interested person has the opportunity to inspect and make copies of the accounts and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts etc. relating to them for 20 working days on reasonable notice. For the year ended March 31 2019, these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to:
Mrs S Jones, Awelon, Velindre, Llandysul
between the hours of 5.30pm and 6.30pm on Monday to Friday commencing on 1st July 2019 and ending on 26th July 2019.
3. From 29th July 2019 until the audit has been completed, Local Government Electors and their representatives also have:
- The right to question the Auditor General about the accounts. The Auditor General can be contacted via: Grant Thornton UK LLP, 11-3 Penhill Road, Cardiff, CF11 9UP
- and the right to attend before the Auditor General and make objections to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must be given to the Auditor General via@ Grant Thornton UK LLP, 11-13 Penhill Road, Cardiff, CF11 9UP
- A copy of the written notice must also be given to the council.
4. The audit is being conducted under the provisions of the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004, the Accounts and Audit (Wales) Regulations 2014 and the Auditor General for Wales’ Code of Audit Practice.